Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mappings

















Mapping Sheet- The way I set out doing my mappings was to base them on a site map which became a consistent feature in all my sheets. I created a visual journey which I undertook within and around the site, and illustrated the feelings, emotions and understandings I received on this journe.
















Reciprocity - The relationship with the built environment and its surroundings. When I looked back towards the site i got this image which was of this very defined horizon line created by the roof tops of the buildings, but in the foreground the palm trees felt so lively as the wind blow through them.
























Threshold- This image defines how we create boundaries and allow certain openings to different people. This was an interesting image as it was a purpose built opening on the long timber railing fence.















































Insertion- In this image I removed all the natural elements and only drew the things that have been placed in the surrounding environment, and it was evident from this drawing how much we have disturbed the natural environment. this drawing is looking down towards the ocean and all you can see are power lines, roof tops and these unusual green boxes.

No comments: